Courses | Books | Software | Franklin Covey | Tools
Find us on Facebook
Hi, Kell here!
Welcome to the Work Smarter Not Harder Newsletter #76. (30s to read)
According to the Wall Street Journal, the average white collar worker spends 6 weeks per year looking for stuff that they already have.
They look in the email, their hard files, their soft files……
The average….not the worst….6 weeks per year!
That is longer than my annual leave….now that is stressful!
The easiest way to reduce that 6 weeks search time is to organize your workspace.
Here are 5 tips to organize your workspace.
Please let us know your comments, views or feedback so that we can improve our site for you.
- Start with your filing. The benefits to an organized filing system that you can find things quickly is paramount to making informed timely decisions.
- Reduce the clutter on your desk. Your desk is your prime real estate and clutter has a way of clouding your mind and reducing your focus and concentration. In short, clutter is a distraction from your top priorities.
- Get into the habit of having a spot for everything and everything in its spot. Without a spot for something clutter will follow.
- Set aside time (generally at the end of the day) to tidy up so that you come in the following day to a distraction-free zone that is pleasant to be in.
- Have a central place that collects all of your to dos. This may be calendar/task system in Outlook or Lotus, or it may be a time management software program, or a printable master to do list.
All the best,
Dr Kell Tremayne and the team at Effective Time Management Strategies
P.S. Do What You Love Online
Without Leaving Your Kids Behind.
P.P.S For a structured approach to increase efficiency and effectiveness take our free time management course