Classroom procedures is good for teacher time management
I have found that classroom procedures is a good skill to aid time management for teachers.
Teacher time management can improve if you consistently follow routines and procedures.
There are two reasons for this:
- Research has shown that many behavior problems result from lack of classroom routines and procedures
- from a personal note I have found that I have less interruptions and that the class flows more easily.
These two reasons are why routines and procedures have been good for my teacher time management.
Some routines that may improve time management for teachers include:
- entering the classroom
- taking the roll
- how to treat late arrivals
- how to treat incomplete homework
- ways to signal attention or to listen to the teacher
- asking questions
Hope this helps
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Tips for Teachers.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
var l = window.location.href,
d = document;
document.write('<form action="#"><div style="text-align:center"><textarea cols="50" rows="2" onclick="this.select();"><a href="'+l+'">'+d.title+'</a></textarea></div></form>');