time management in the workplace
What are some tips for time management in the workplace?
Kell's reply: Hi Chanti, There are a number of tips for time management in the workplace which increase productivity and keep you focused on your top priorities.
Some of these tips include:
- Having a clear idea of the role of your job and how your performance is being measured.
- Knowing what your urgent and important activities and having a priorities system that you apply to incoming information. This is covered in more detail in the time management matrix and the pareto principle
- Being able to manage interruptions and distractions. This also incudes using your email software in an effective manner. Managing email is becoming an enormous issue which I talk more about at email etiquette
- Being organized. This includes your desk, your filing system and folders on your desktop or harddrive. See these organizing tips
- Getting clarification on the next logical action of your projects and tasks.
- Know how to delegate effectively as a training opportunity. This is covered in more detail at how to delegate
- Take steps to overcoming procrastination.
All these factors will improve your time management in the workplace and at home.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Effective Time Management.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
var l = window.location.href,
d = document;
document.write('<form action="#"><div style="text-align:center"><textarea cols="50" rows="2" onclick="this.select();"><a href="'+l+'">'+d.title+'</a></textarea></div></form>');