Are there any effective time management strategies for a college freshman?
I am terrible at managing my time and have am getting pretty stressed and overwhelmed. If this helps - I am a college freshman and have heaps of work and papers to write. I also am a track athlete that has to train at the same time.
You are not alone, so hang in there. I am also juggling lots of different responsibilities at college, but here are a few ideas that I have used.
- First create a semester schedule. On this schedule put all your responsibilities
- Assess and plan your work load each week. I always think that doing this on Sunday night is the best for me.
- Adjust your plan each day. I use a to-do list for this. By ticking off each item it motivates me and give me the motivation to keep going.
- I also check how my schedule is going though out the day
- I keep a tab on where my time goes.
- Goal setting has also helped me to make sure I am heading in the right direction with my study and other responsibilities
Thanks Sam and John.
In response to Sam's question and John's excellent answer, I have provided some resources for student time management.
You can participate in a student time management course
or download resources for student time management
All the best,
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Student time management tips.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
var l = window.location.href,
d = document;
document.write('<form action="#"><div style="text-align:center"><textarea cols="50" rows="2" onclick="this.select();"><a href="'+l+'">'+d.title+'</a></textarea></div></form>');